These are some tips we’ve found help our clients navigate through the design and remodel process. We’re hoping they help you too.
- Plan- consider function, color, furniture and lighting needs
- Talk to your partner and family to determine wants and needs
- Establish your priorities
- Learn your likes and dislikes (we use “Designers Insight” tool to help)
- Interview a few designers to find a good fit-be sure to check their references
- Be open and honest in describing your project and budget…. we help to come up with a possible budget at our first meeting.
- Hire a designer and have fun!
- Begin with a fantasy
- Impulse buy
- Assume you know all household members wants and needs
- Begin without a budget
- Let all spaces have equal importance
- Let your choices be determined by whim
- Pick a design professional from the yellow pages
- Wait until you’re stuck to hire a designer
- Hire a designer without checking references
- Be vague about your budget or design direction
- Assume using a designer is too costly- designers will prevent you from making costly mistakes!
These do’s and don’ts are a springboard for future newsletters on these points. We know you must have topics you’d like to hear about. Email us and let us know what they are.
Our best to you,